Alongside the popular Solar Power Case, the Solar Power Laboratory is another impressive system from Christiani for teaching photovoltaics. The Solar Power Laboratory makes it possible to learn about and comprehend both off-grid and on-grid technology by applications found in practice.
An experienced and professional educator has developed the components and the experimental set-ups together with solar engineering specialists. The comprehensive description provided for the experiments rounds of the overall didactic concept in an ideal manner. The technology used in the Solar Power Laboratory has been matched to an optimum to the needs of practical applications in domestic engineering.
The solar power laboratory - for the photovoltaic professionals of today and tomorrow!
The components of the stand-alone technology can be combined with the other components of the Christiani Solar Power Laboratory or integrated into existing specialist rooms equipped with perforated grid walls.
The complete Christiani Solar Power Laboratory consists of a stable laboratory table with energy channel and perforated grid wall, as well as the components of the stand-alone system technology and the grid parallel technology, which can be safely stored in a roll container.
By working with the individual module bricks, the students can immediately understand the circuits commonly used in photovoltaics. The module stones are made of stable, unbreakable material and have exchangeable side, front and rear surfaces. In addition, the back wall is made of transparent material. This makes the technology "transparent" for the trainee.
The module stones are provided with standardized and embossed symbols. All connections are led to 4 mm touch-proof safety sockets on the front side. There are no electrically conductive connections from the installed practice equipment to the outside. The adhesive system on the rear side allows theory lessons on a steel wall panel and practical laboratory lessons on a laboratory grid wall without any problems. In addition to the adhesive system, the module blocks are equipped with four spring-loaded guide pins for stabilisation on the laboratory grid wall. Due to the possibility to attach the modules to steel boards, circuit diagrams can be visually clarified and better understood.
The modules of the Solar Power Laboratory comply with the latest state of the art in photovoltaic technology and the regulations that have been in force since 2016 (VDE 0100 Part 712).
Stand-alone system technology and grid parallel technology:
Stand-alone system technology refers to a self-contained photovoltaic system. The electricity generated by the photovoltaic system is used on site or stored in batteries.
In addition to the components of stand-alone system technology, there are also components of parallel network technology. Grid-parallel technology refers to a photovoltaic system connected to the (public) grid. The electricity generated by the photovoltaic system is fed into the grid.
Possible uses for the Christiani solar power laboratory:
Entire classrooms can be fully equipped with laboratory workplaces. Christiani supplies the fitments required to fully equip such specialist rooms. We will gladly help you from the concept through to its realisation. The solar power laboratory can also be installed as single workplace for learning purposes both in companies as well as in educational institutes.
Learning Objectives Off-grid Systems:
- Measurements on the solar circuit: open-circuit voltage and short-circuit current at different illuminance levels, irradiation angles and temperatures
- Determination of the I-V characteristic and the MPP
- The battery as energy storage in the PV island system: discharge protection and charge controller; current distribution during charging and discharging; internal resistance measurement of module and battery, deep discharge protection
- Circuit formation in the PV island system: individual functions of surge protection; fuses, distributors and consumers
- stand-alone inverters: measurement of voltages and currents; efficiency and AC voltage forms
- Project: Development of an emergency power supply system for safety lighting
- Transfer: Planning, building and testing island solar power plants
Learning Objectives On-grid Systems:
- Investigation of the devices in the StecaGRID grid feed-in system
- Measurements and optimisation of PV string concepts; circuit variants, measurement value acquisition and safety concepts
- Overvoltage protection and safety specifications for grid feed-in
- ENS basic function and function test
- Set up, measure and expand the feed-in plant
- Data transmission from inverter to display
- Efficiency and balancing of services in purchase and delivery
- Transfer: Expansion of circuit technology and service
- Project: Planning and construction of a PV grid parallel system for practical use
- general education schools (e.g. technical grammar schools or Physics-LK)
- Vocational schools
- Company and inter-company training centres (initial and continuing training)
- Clubs and associations
- Laboratory table:
- GS-certified: Tested safety
- Table size: 1600 x 850 x 780 mm (W x D x H)
- Table frame:
- Stable welded table frame 60 x 20 x 2 mm,
- Aluminium base profiles 126 x 100 mm, natural anodised, for multiple connection, with 4 cable chambers,
- Front feet can be set back for optimum legroom, rear feet 1600 mm high,
- Supply terminal in the rear table area
- Table top:
- Postforming sheet - non-conductive
- Size: 1600 x 850 x 40 mm (W x D x S)
- Multilayer chipboard 40 mm thick
- Decorative HPL laminate (light grey)
- Lateral and rear with plastic edge (light grey)
- Perforated plate wall:
- Size: 1470 x 662 mm (W x H)
- Design: with square perforation 5 x 5 mm and locking knob,
- For hanging in 2-row experimental frames, powder-coated,
- Attached to the rear foot profiles
- Energy supply
- 3-phase mains connection, incl. 5-way distribution
- Safety and switching unit 3-phase, consisting of:
- Motor protection switch: 10 - 16 A with undervoltage release
- NFI switch: residual current 30 mA, rated current 25 A
- Emergency stop button: with release by turning, additional potential-free NC contact for looping into room emergency stop circuit
- Phase indicator: 3 phase control lamps
- All-current sensitive NFI switch type B, suitable for smooth direct currents
- Socket outlet module:
- 6 protective contact sockets, 230 V / 16 A
- Three-phase module:
- Outputs : 1 x CEE socket,
- 400 / 230 V max 16 A per phase
- 5 x safety laboratory sockets, L1, L2, L3, N, PE
- 400 / 230 V max. 16 A per phase
- Double data socket:
- 2 data sockets RJ 45, snap-in, Cat 6a,
- At the back for plugging in patch cables
- Roll containers:
- GS-certified: Tested safety
- 1 Material insert 1 HE
- 1 drawer 2 HE, single extension
- 1 drawer 3 HE, single extension
- 1 drawer 4 HE, single extension
- Made of steel, fully organisable,
- Useful depth 490 mm
- Stop-Control-Plus-Function: with drawer pull-out stop (outsmart-proof)
- Cover plate:
- 30 mm thick with base edge
- Double drawer:
- With base edge
- The two front ones are lockable
- Via central locking
- Light grey, non-conductive
- Components On-grid Systems
- Components Off-grid Systems
- Experiment instructions solar power laboratory - Teacher
- Dimensions (H x W x D in mm): 1,600 x 1,700 x 920
- Weight: approx. 190 kg
You can see the technical data of the individual components under "Scope of delivery / individual parts".