- Learning Objectives
- Suitable for
- Technical Data
- Scope of Delivery
- System Requirements
The practical training system offers a wide range of training possibilities, from simple control tasks to PID control of different controlled systems, and optimally supports you in your control engineering lessons.
All signals (0/2..10 V DC or 24 V DC) are available at the control panel of the system via 4 mm laboratory sockets. The fill level is detected via float switches or a pressure switch. The level is changed by controlling the three pumps and/or the valves.
Switches and buttons on the control panel can be used flexibly for operation. Signal lights enable the display of errors and process states. The practical training system can be operated with commercially available control/regulation systems, provided they have the corresponding inputs/outputs. In combination with the LC2030 practical you get a complete process control system with visualisation. The documentation contains several tasks with sample solutions.
The practical training system in this configuration allows various control engineering experiments to be carried out and is made up of the following components:
Controllable pump with frequency converter for level control and/or flow control (P3)
The controllable pump P3 is located in the drain of the tank and enables level control and flow control. In conjunction with the controllable control valve V1, flow control and level control can be coupled with each other - details can be found in the description of the flow sensors. Control is via a frequency converter (included) whose control input (0 - 10 V) is routed on safety laboratory sockets.
Adjustable control valve with control unit for level/flow control (V1)
The adjustable control valve is located in the inflow of the tank and can be used to implement level control and flow control. In connection with the controllable pump P3, the flow control and the level control are coupled with each other - details can be found in the description of the flow sensors. The control takes place via a control signal (0 - 10 V) which is routed on safety laboratory sockets.
Pressure transmitter for level measurement/control (M)
The pressure transmitter enables the realisation of a 2-point level control (discontinuous controller). With the controllable pump P3 and/or the controllable control valve V1, a continuous level control can be realised. The level signal is available at laboratory sockets as a 0 (2) -10 V signal.
Flow rate sensor (for controllable valve)(D1)
The flow sensor D1 measures the inflow through the adjustable control valve V1. With the help of the adjustable valve and the adjustable pump, level and flow controls can be realised. The flow control in the inflow and the level control are coupled with each other via the outflow. The flow control then acts as a disturbance variable on the level control. The analogue output signal of the sensor (0 - 10 V) is routed on safety laboratory sockets.
Flow sensor (for adjustable pump) (D3)
The flow sensor D3 measures the outflow via the adjustable pump P3. The flow control in the outflow and the level control via the inflow are coupled with each other. The flow control then acts as a disturbance variable on the level control. The analogue output signal of the sensor (0 - 10 V) is routed on safety laboratory sockets.
Pressure sensor (for adjustable pump in drain pipe) (DR)
The pressure control consists of a sensor with 4-20mA (2-10V), a hand valve and a manometer for reading the pressure. The pressure is adjusted via the adjustable pump, whereby a pressure of up to 0.4 bar can be generated.
Heating rod, Pt100 temperature sensor and additional circulation pump for temperature control (H)
The heating rod allows the water to be heated, the temperature sensor to measure the temperature and a circulation pump to mix the water more evenly. The circulating pump is permanently installed in the practical unit, the heating rod and temperature sensor, on the other hand, are hooked into the tank from above and can also be removed if necessary. The measuring signal of the temperature sensor is converted into a standard 0 - 10 V signal via a measuring transducer. The heating rod is switched on/off by a 24 V DC signal. Both signals are routed on safety laboratory sockets.
Cooler with 2 fans to extend the heating and accelerate the cooling processes (K)
The cooler consists of a water-air cooler and two fans and makes it possible to accelerate the cooling process of the water when the temperature is controlled with the practical system. The fans are controlled via a 24 V DC signal. The cooling system is placed separately next to the practical unit and connected via the hoses supplied.
Measuring cable set (consisting of 24 measuring cables)
I/O interface box for connecting the system to the PC
Software for practical course LC2030 Practical course
Electronics technicians for automation technology - Learning fields:
- Analyzing and Adapting Controls
- Sensors, actuators, interfaces, functional descriptions, basic logical links, memory functions
- Programming and implementing controls and systems
- Computer-based control systems, digital and analog signal processing, graphical programming languages, program simulation, troubleshooting, error analysis, online help
- Control and communication systems
- Integrate control systems, tabular and graphical presentation of measured data, human-machine interface
- Commissioning and handing over automation systems
- Analog and digital sensors, process visualization
- Automation systems maintain and optimize controller settings, process visualization, simulation programs
- Influence processes
- Influence process variables for the management of a process by selecting the variables and linking them via open and closed loop controls.
- From the data obtained, derive parameters for the interaction of different assemblies with regard to process control.
- Operating and monitoring production processes
- Describe production processes and the plant components used.
- Start up and shut down plants or parts of plants and, in the event of faults, initiate measures to eliminate them.
- Assign process priorities to the process data on the basis of the measurement, control and automation equipment involved in the processes.
- Determine and influence process data within the process control.
- Configure and parameterize control and regulation
- Electronics technician for automation technology
- Mechatronics technician
- Chemical technician
- Mains voltage: 230 V AC, 50 Hz
- Dimensions (W x D x H in mm): 520 x 450 x 720
- Container contents: 2 x approx. 8 l
- Weight: approx. 26 kg
- Languages: English / German
Practical training system with:
- Pressure transmitter
- Adjustable pump P3
- Adjustable valve V1
- Flow sensor D1
- Flow sensor D3
- Pressure control DR
- Heating element and cooler
- Measuring cable set
- I/O interface for connecting the system to the PC
- Practical software for operating the system (can also be used offline without the system due to integrated simulation)
- Mains cable
- Drainage hose
- PC with Windows operating system is also required